We encourage all our readers to engage with us and join the debate by commenting alongside articles, but we do ask that users follow several rules designed to protect other users from harm and us from legal risk.
- Use of abusive or threatening language towards other users will be removed and could result in exclusion from the comment section.
- Offensive comments, including those that use racist, sexist, homophobic language or any other hate speech, are prohibited.
- We ask that users don’t use obscene language.
- We may remove comments if we believe they present a risk of breaching UK law, including contempt of court, copyright and defamation.
- Users should not share personal information or disseminate the personal information of others.
- Spam or any other clearly inappropriate content will be removed.